John Moran was born to immigrant Irish Parents in Brooklyn , NYC and presently resides in Park Slope, Brooklyn – the same neighborhood where he grew up. John has enjoyed the experience of watching Park Slope go through many transformations through the years and presently spends time exploring the many restaurants, coffee shops and small businesses in the area.
John graduated from Xaverian High School and New York University. During these years, John worked as a hot dog and beer vendor at Yankee Stadium explaining his deep love for the Bronx Bombers. After graduation, he joined KPMG and rose to the level of Audit Manager. During his time with KPMG he earned his CPA license.
Like many young entrepreneurs, John had a dream of owning his own firm and running his own accounting practice. Taking a risk, he resigned from KPMG and went out on his own in 1989 taking on one client at a time, with many clients still with him from the very early days. He built the firm with honesty and dedication to his clients. He is thankful to all his clients and treats each one with great care and diligence.
John has two beautiful daughters and is happy to say that he has a very close relationship with them. Megan and Casey both presently are enrolled in The Graduate Program at Rutgers University in New Jersey studying special education.
John is also an avid traveler who speaks conversational Spanish and above-average Italian.
John enjoys running and runs at a minimum 5 days per week. John ran the NYC Marathon twice, an accomplishment he is very proud of and hopes to run again someday. He also enjoys playing golf and playing his guitar.
Activities and Community Service:
· Board Member Xavier Society for the Blind
· Colts Neck New Jersey Parents Teacher Organization
· Xaverian High School Alumni Organization
· New York University Alumni Organization
· Colts Neck Sports Foundation
· Member Beta Gamma Sigma
· Recognized in 2007 by the Colts Neck Board of Education for his service to the Colts Neck School System
· Founding board of director of the local Cystic Fibrosis Foundation; Families and Friends Supporting Cystic Fibrosis Care, Inc